©2023 by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics, Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this document may be produced in any form without written permission of the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics, Inc.
(a) Any person seeking a technician license pursuant to Section 55 (Transition Period) of the Act shall file an application with the (Agency) on forms provided by the (Agency). The application shall include the following:
A) Until January 1, (two years after law is effective), proof of Certification as a Certified Orthotic Technician (CTO), Certified Prosthetic Technician (CTP) or Certified Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician (CTPO) from ABC;
B) Within 60 days of the effective date of this Part, an applicant may submit proof of seven years of experience as an orthotic, prosthetic or orthotic/prosthetic technician as defined in Section 10 of the Act;
(i) Experience shall be full-time in an orthotic/prosthetic facility. Full-time is defined as 30 hours per week;
(ii) Verification of technical experience;
(2) A complete work history form provided by the (Agency);
(3) The fee required in Section 80 of this Part;
(4) Certification, on forms provided by the (Agency), from the State or territory of the United States in which the applicant was originally licensed and the State in which the applicant is currently licensed, if applicable, stating:
A) The time frame during which the applicant was licensed in that jurisdiction, including the date of the original issuance of the license;
B) Whether the file on the applicant contains any record of disciplinary actions taken or pending.
(b) Any person seeking a technician license other than in subsection (a) of this section shall file an application with the (Agency) on forms provided by the (Agency). The application shall include the following:
(1) Proof of a high school diploma or GED;
(2) Documentation of:
(A) The completion of a CAAHEP accredited formal orthotic and/or prosthetic technician education program pursuant to Section 10 of the Act; or
(B) Two years of technician experience in the discipline seeking licensure under the direct supervision of a licensed or ABC certified practitioner;
(3) Verification of successful completion of the technician examination in the discipline they are seeking licensure as set forth in Section 15;
(4) The required fee specified in Section 80 of this Part.
(c) When the accuracy of any submitted documentation or the relevance or sufficiency of the course work or experience is questioned by the (Agency) or the Board because of lack of information, discrepancies or conflicts in information given or a need for clarification, the applicant seeking licensure shall be requested to:
(1) Provide such information as may be necessary; and/or
(2) Appear for an interview before the Board to explain such relevance or sufficiency, clarify information or clear up any discrepancies or conflicts in information.