©2023 by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics, Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this document may be produced in any form without written permission of the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics, Inc.
Pedorthist Exam References and Reading List
Exam Question References and Recommended Reading List
Exam development involves the use of many references and resources
including, but not limited to:
- Alexander, Ian. The Foot: Examination and Diagnoses. Churchill-Livingston, 1997.
- Anderson, Douglas, ed. Dorland’s Illustrated Medical Dictionary, 30th edition, Sanders/
- Bowker, John and Pfeifer, Michelle, eds. Levin and O’Neal’s The Diabetic Foot. Mosby, 2001.
- Calliet, Rene. Foot and Ankle Pain. F.A. Davis, 1997.
- Code of Professional Responsibility. American Board for Certification in Orthotics,
Prosthetics and Pedorthics, Inc., 2020
- Coughlin, Michael, Mann, Roger and Saltzman, Charles. Surgery of the Foot and Ankle. Mosby,
- Donatelli, Robert. The Biomechanics of the Foot and Ankle, 2nd edition. F. A. Davis, 1995.
- Decker, Wayne and Albert, Stephen. Contemporary Pedorthics. Elton-Wolf, 2002.
- Janisse, Dennis, ed. Introduction to Pedorthics. Pedorthic Footwear Association and O.S.T.,
- McMinn, Hutchings and Logan. Foot and Ankle Anatomy, 2nd edition. Mosby, 1996.
- Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics Scope of Practice. American Board for Certification in
Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics, Inc., 2020.
- Pedorthic Reference Guide. Pedorthic Footwear Association, 2006.
- Philps, J.W. The Functional Foot Orthosis. Churchill Livingston, 1995.
- Rose, Jessica and Gamble, James. Human Walking, 3rd edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins,
- Rossi, William and Tennant, Ross. Professional Shoe Fitting. Pedorthic Footwear Association.
- Sammarco, G. James and Cooper, Paul. Foot and Ankle Manual, 2nd edition. Williams and
- Valmassy, Ronald. Clinical Biomechanics of the Lower Extremities. Mosby, 1996.
- Wu, Kent. Foot Orthoses: Principals and Clinical Applications. Williams and Wilkins, 1990.