©2023 by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics, Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this document may be produced in any form without written permission of the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics, Inc.
Mastectomy Fitter Test Content Outline
Domain 1 - Patient Evaluation
The Mastectomy Fitter Exam Test Content Outline below is broken down by domain; each domain section indicates the
percentage of emphasis that the elements of practice in that domain receives on the exams. For each Practice Domain
listed on the Test Content Outline, you should plan on familiarizing yourself with clinical, technical or general practice
information related to that domain.
Patient Evaluation — 29%
- Review patient’s prescription/referral
- Take a comprehensive patient history, including previous use of post-mastectomy items diagnosis, activities of daily living
(ADL), and medical history
- Discuss patient’s expectations and goals
- Perform a diagnosis-specific functional clinical examination that may include observation of chest wall, and evaluation of
range of motion, manual dexterity, skin integrity, and shape/physical characteristics
- Consult with other healthcare professionals and caregivers about patient’s condition
- Refer patient, if appropriate, to other healthcare professionals (e.g.,therapist, physician) for intervention beyond
mastectomy fitter’s scope of practice